Saturday, November 29, 2008

I should point out however

I should point out however as come to think of it I haven’t actually mentioned it anywhere, that the main theme of the project is to photograph, initially, the remaining members of the Trakai Karaite community, then, if things go well, to work on the rest of them in Lithuania. Other cultural issues such as food, religion, language etc, and how to go about looking into them photographically, remain side issues that I may or may not explore depending on how the project progresses.

2 comments:

Mark Chilvers said...

sounds deep Sco. an interesting subject no doubt but I am itching to see some photo's. It feels like a classic reportage piece could be done on this. It's all about the access obviously but Iimagine it could make som great pics. Good luck and show us some pics soon will ya?

Richard Schofield said...

Thanks Mark. There's a few not very enlightening pictures on my Ning space. Indeed, a reportage piece could work well, but it needs more research first methinks. I love the idea of portraits of them all, not least as it's the 1,000th anniversary of Lithuania coming up. I've been having a break on the coast for a few days so didn't do anything this weekend, but will be following this up later in the week.