I went to of all things the press conference pre-opening of yet another ghastly shopping mall in Vilnius last week. What a strange life getting paid to drink champagne first thing in the morning and pretend to take notes whilst three businessmen (in the local sense of the word) struggle to tell 50 unimaginative journalists what makes their new shopping mall different from all others (answer, nothing). This was all taking place in the mall itself, which if all went to plan opened a couple of hours ago. I say if all went to plan because when I was there it was chaos, with the toilets barlely plumbed in and thousands of shopgirls running around fitting out their new stores. The clothes shop immediately behind the press conference caught my attention, or rather these three creatures did. To be honest the reason I went was because the mall's got the first electric go-kart track in Lithuania, and we assembled hacks were all promised a ride. Instead I got bored and went and looked around a couple of churches.
Saturday, November 08, 2008
Shopping
I went to of all things the press conference pre-opening of yet another ghastly shopping mall in Vilnius last week. What a strange life getting paid to drink champagne first thing in the morning and pretend to take notes whilst three businessmen (in the local sense of the word) struggle to tell 50 unimaginative journalists what makes their new shopping mall different from all others (answer, nothing). This was all taking place in the mall itself, which if all went to plan opened a couple of hours ago. I say if all went to plan because when I was there it was chaos, with the toilets barlely plumbed in and thousands of shopgirls running around fitting out their new stores. The clothes shop immediately behind the press conference caught my attention, or rather these three creatures did. To be honest the reason I went was because the mall's got the first electric go-kart track in Lithuania, and we assembled hacks were all promised a ride. Instead I got bored and went and looked around a couple of churches.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment