Sunday, November 16, 2008

More interesting things at Flickr

Vilnius

Bloody bored stupid with people poking fun at Flickr but I'll continue to lend it some plaudits from time to time as and when needed as it's better than all of you put together. Now then, a nice Pool somebody set up here called the Chinese Restaurant Worldwide Documentation Project, of which one of my photographs (above) has been added. It's an interesting idea for a Pool, and is quite active and serious on one level (read some of the Discussions for example). What I particularly like about it (and this can be said for Flickr in general) is that one's free to get involved on any level they want. An admin from the group was trawling the pages and found my picture. It was invited to the Pool. I could then decline or accept and instantly become part of a international group of people showing photographs. I was then free to get more involved (having decided to add my picture to the Pool) or not, the latter in this case being what I did. As I keep showing you, Flickr is extraordinary. I'm not sure what the problem is that so many people have with it. Actually I don't really care any more.

No comments: