Excuse my grammar...
Whilst having a quick look around at things connected to WWI due to my own personal interest in the subject thanks to my grandfather who fought in it and whose photographs and other personal bits and pieces I recently scanned, I came across The Great War Archive. What I find particularly interesting about it (beyond that is my joy at knowing how useful the internet has become to people working in many different areas of historical research and publishing, and how this will all one day be of immense importance to the world) is that the project, run by Oxford University, has limited funds (and therefore time), so has created a Flickr group for people to keep adding to the project in an interesting way. There's also a blog. None of this is truly spectacular, but it's all part of what's clearly the nascent gurglings of a future electronic publishing phenomenom. Bedtime here so I'll have to get involved another day. Power to the people.
Thursday, November 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment