Sunday, November 16, 2008

Other work

Well then, there is a bit. Not much for my sins though. I did take my dSLR out of his little bag the other day and shoot some pictures with it. This was partly inspired by the previously mentioned Antanas Sutkus exhibition I saw, who reminded me that photographs don't necessarily have to be bad to be good. The DJ portraits project is still in the taking-about-it-over-yet-another-beer stage, although we are now sending things backwards and forwards to each other, which feels like a start anyway. One of the aforementioned things was this portrait of Marius the piercer I took earlier in the year in Greece, which Mark has Photoshopped a bit. Today I was thinking to do the whole project in black and white, and to dress the DJs in dinner jackets for obvious and rather droll reasons. The guidebook I'm doing in Vilnius should go to the printers tomorrow evening or Tuesday morning, so a bit more time to do things. Today (Sunday) I had scores of noble ideas and have so far watched a film and cleaned the shower.

No comments: