Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Not such a large post after all

I lied. It’s not going to be a large post.

All I need to add at this point is that it’s become clear over the last few weeks that rather than use the course to move away from my current profession, I should be tailoring my current profession to meet the needs of the course. Since I had 35 of my photographs published in a book that had already commissioned its photography from somebody else last year the alarms bells started ringing, their message being that I should be working in photography. This is my reason for being on this course. My travel photography portfolio is growing nicely, much of it here. My question is, how can I develop this photography using the course to reach a level that will enable me to work professionally in the travel publishing industry?

2 comments:

Dean C.K. Cox said...

Yo Sco. Are you uploading your travel stock/archive to an agency - Alamy perhaps? As Homer and others keep emphasizing, stock sales can really add to one's income.

Richard Schofield said...

Yo Dean. I should be shouldn't I? Not yet is the simple answer. Any advice you have would be much appreciated. I'll have a look at Alamy now. Cheers!