Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Thinking aloud (Berat)

Berat person at work

Berat relationship

Berat street/moment

Berat portrait

3 comments:

antrim said...

kind of love this berat series...it has an almost surveillence-y feel...i like it!

Richard Schofield said...

Thanks Antrim. All of these were taken as I dashed around the town researching the guidebook to Albania I'm now sitting down to finally write. The first guy is selling leeches, the men playing dominoes (did you spot the flower in the chap on the left's mouth?) in the park is the classic ‘Albanian Old Geezers’ shot, the third is a 'moment' I saw coming and snapped as the lady (a street cleaner, see the newspaper under her headscarf?) passed, and the young girl and her grandfather were walking down the hill I was walking up on my way to Berat’s extraordinary castle. Quite a nice mix I think, and the first time I really played with the dSLR like I do with my mobile phone (more obvious in the Tirana shots below, of which the top and bottom were both shot blind). I’m thinking lots about portraits, cities, travel, postcards, tourism, effects etc at the moment. Something is formulating in my head and it’s almost time to start writing it down.

antrim said...

hey there, also saw the postcard
from kosovo shoot...a great promo to send out..old school! by mail, in print.