Tuesday, June 10, 2008

How it looks from the other side

2 comments:

Dean C.K. Cox said...

Are you going to print this postcard to send to new and existing clients as a marketing tool? Two years ago I published about 500 postcards and distributed them at Perpignan in '06. Will probably do the same again this year.

Richard Schofield said...

Hi Dean,
No, the postcard idea is more along the lines of a few things I've recently been thinking about that I'm trying to tie up into one project. Firstly, I still see a photograph as a thing that exists in the real world, so putting backs on them in the virtual world creates this impression. Also, because my day job is related to the tourist industry, postcards seemed like an interesting approach to presenting some of my pictures (I also like the idea of 'captioning' them this way). Lastly, I simply like books of postcards, and have done since my old friend Denis Doran did a book of black and white photographs featuring images of some of the leading lights in the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence (Get the Rubber Habit!).