Monday, June 02, 2008
Notes before a large post 1 (Alex)
Edited and unfinished photographs from my Easter assignment with Alex (see below). I was interested in doing a series of essays on people living in Greece who were born somewhere else, and how their backgrounds affected their relationships with their adopted countries. I threw in a few wild cards too, such as a pair of German lesbians and a formerly frenetic Englishman who had a seriously debilitating stroke in Greece four years ago and who is now cared for by his wife. Work commitments among other issues (see today’s lengthy blog when I finally post it later in the day) meant that the project has been mothballed. I’m putting this information up to show that I have at least been working on the projects! Alex is 17 and was born in the UK. He moved to Greece when he was four. The day I first met him, as he sat at a kitchen table swinging his kompoloi (Greek Orthodox worry beads), I asked him if he felt British or Greek. He told me he was 100% Greek. This is interesting as his younger brother, 14-year-old Joey, left the UK when he was a tiny baby and yet feels entirely British. The pictures here were the final few that were to be edited down to four or five to go with some text that I never got from Alex. My fault entirely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment