No time to do much of this for a few days. Work’s gone into overdrive. Funny that just as I embark on a group effort with the Kosovo photographs, of which Antrim, Martin and Rhian have all now got involved in, bless them, we start getting into both the nuts and bolts of editing (this week’s group tutorial was extremely good I might add) and talking about group projects. Looking forward to meeting everyone online on Monday evening, assuming I’ve got a decent internet connection in my hotel in Ljubljana, and bashing this all out a little further. In the hot seat with Homer tomorrow. Looking forward to more eyes and experience helping me move my work forward. On an entirely different subject, I’m in Ljubljana all next week to write a guidebook to the city. If anybody knows the city and has any information about anything to do with Ljubljana I’d be very happy and grateful to hear from them. I'm particularly interested to find out what happened to Tito’s leg after it was removed. Strange that the Croatian-born hero of Yugoslavia was half Slovenian and left a bit of him behind in that country just before he died.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Has anybody seen Tito's leg?
No time to do much of this for a few days. Work’s gone into overdrive. Funny that just as I embark on a group effort with the Kosovo photographs, of which Antrim, Martin and Rhian have all now got involved in, bless them, we start getting into both the nuts and bolts of editing (this week’s group tutorial was extremely good I might add) and talking about group projects. Looking forward to meeting everyone online on Monday evening, assuming I’ve got a decent internet connection in my hotel in Ljubljana, and bashing this all out a little further. In the hot seat with Homer tomorrow. Looking forward to more eyes and experience helping me move my work forward. On an entirely different subject, I’m in Ljubljana all next week to write a guidebook to the city. If anybody knows the city and has any information about anything to do with Ljubljana I’d be very happy and grateful to hear from them. I'm particularly interested to find out what happened to Tito’s leg after it was removed. Strange that the Croatian-born hero of Yugoslavia was half Slovenian and left a bit of him behind in that country just before he died.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Sco,
You probably already know about this place but I stayed in a really interesting backpacker hostel in Ljubljana a few years ago called Hostel Celica. It was a former prison but artists has turned all the cells/rooms in to wonderful themed rooms and they are all different. I think some pics of these for your book would look really good.(Would also be great backdrops for portraits). This place is very much on the Lonely Planet trail but nevertheless. http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/HostelCelica-Ljubljana-6013 Apart from that I remember drinking lots of good green tea in cosy cafes( which was somewhere around the main drag).Did not see Tito's leg though. I am really jealous of your job Sco, writing travel guides must be so much fun!
Hi Anna,
Yes indeed Celica is on my Essential list, but thanks for letting me know all the same. Writing travel guides is so much fun that I'm doing this course so I never have to write a travel guide again!
:)
Post a Comment