i really like the lines and composition of this image. it is an intriguing and confusing (at first)image...
both look like "tinted black and white" first one pinkish, second, bluish...
but i love the b/w conversion we are doing w/ our assignments...it started me thinking of the images as if we've run them through the xerox machine and they have been trimmed down to real "basic" images.
I like both of them myself. Each has its own personality.
I'm still at the stage where my black and white pictures (not including the stuff we're doing for the assignements) are the result of taking a colour photograph, not being entirely happy with it, and finding that it works better with the colours removed. I'm still a long way from consciously shooting one or the other.
Me too Antrim. Working in black and white is quite thrilling. I'm liking it much more than I thought I would.
Mobile phones are the piano wire of the future Rhian :)
Hello. I'm an English photographer currently based in Lithuania. My professional output includes travel, portraiture, experimental street photography and uncovering the veiled peculiarities of daily life. My work features in books, has won competitions and has also been bought by private collectors. This is my blog. You're very welcome to come in and have a look around.
3 comments:
hi sco!
i really like the lines and composition of this image. it is an intriguing and confusing (at first)image...
both look like "tinted black and white" first one pinkish, second, bluish...
but i love the b/w conversion we are doing w/ our assignments...it started me thinking of the images as if we've run them through the xerox machine and they have been trimmed down to real "basic" images.
see you monday
the old piano wire trick, gets them every time.
i like the blue
Thanks Antrim,
Thanks Rhian,
I like both of them myself. Each has its own personality.
I'm still at the stage where my black and white pictures (not including the stuff we're doing for the assignements) are the result of taking a colour photograph, not being entirely happy with it, and finding that it works better with the colours removed. I'm still a long way from consciously shooting one or the other.
Me too Antrim. Working in black and white is quite thrilling. I'm liking it much more than I thought I would.
Mobile phones are the piano wire of the future Rhian :)
Post a Comment