
Carrying on with my stark silhouette theme and my continuing amazement at the quality of the light here I found a great footbridge this morning. Just north of the train station and crossing a series of both used and derelict tracks, the shadow the bridge casts is something else, especially when combined with the diagonal lines below, and of course when people are walking across it. When I get a bit of spare time I’ll pop down with a flask and a bag of sandwiches and see what I can get. As you can see from this test shot, the shadows of the people walking over the bridge only really work when they’re crossing on the northern half of the pathway (like me, right). Maybe I could place a load of bollards down one side to keep people where I want them. Is this cheating? I'd forgotten how just how wonderful high contrast black and white images can be. I'm reminded of the films Rain and The Bridge by the late Dutch filmmaker Joris Ivens (1898-1989).

1 comment:
great shot!
must make note of the film you mention.
could be a book cover -
Post a Comment