Oh what fun to be in a country where the Communists are still active. Just as we’re wrapping up today’s group tutorial, with the smell of uncollected rubbish wafting in through the window, another strike-related event takes place and the entire city plunges into darkness for today’s power cut. At first angry and upset I quickly realise there’s a positive side to the lack of electricity and head into the streets to photograph the chaos in the darkness on my phone. Just as I’m getting into the swing of things and thinking these Communists aren’t so bad after all the electricity goes back on again and I find myself getting angry and upset again for the complete opposite reason of why I was angry and upset just 20 minutes before. There’s a lesson in there somewhere. On an entirely different note, Kosovo has just announced a competition to write the newly founded state’s brand new national anthem. Open to all, the lucky winner not only gets the honour of having their very own masterpiece played at the Olympics and other high profile events around the world until the Russians start WWIII, but there’s €10,000 thrown in as a prize for good measure (no pun intended).
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
A powerful feeling?
Oh what fun to be in a country where the Communists are still active. Just as we’re wrapping up today’s group tutorial, with the smell of uncollected rubbish wafting in through the window, another strike-related event takes place and the entire city plunges into darkness for today’s power cut. At first angry and upset I quickly realise there’s a positive side to the lack of electricity and head into the streets to photograph the chaos in the darkness on my phone. Just as I’m getting into the swing of things and thinking these Communists aren’t so bad after all the electricity goes back on again and I find myself getting angry and upset again for the complete opposite reason of why I was angry and upset just 20 minutes before. There’s a lesson in there somewhere. On an entirely different note, Kosovo has just announced a competition to write the newly founded state’s brand new national anthem. Open to all, the lucky winner not only gets the honour of having their very own masterpiece played at the Olympics and other high profile events around the world until the Russians start WWIII, but there’s €10,000 thrown in as a prize for good measure (no pun intended).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i really like this picture. the black is so black.
Post a Comment