Now then Henri, not a bad effort. I think there’s perhaps just a little too much space under the man who’s jumping. I believe the tension would work better if you made that gap a little smaller. And the chap on the left, if you’d crouched down just a fraction his head wouldn’t be touching the cross-beam on the fence reflection. The symmetry really is all wrong here. And I see you have a tendency to lean just a little to the left with a lot of your pictures. For me the angle of the fence here isn’t really working. You really do need to think and look at every part of the frame before you press the shutter. Find the shot and work it until you’ve got exactly what you want. What do you mean you cropped it? At this early stage on the course it’s important that you show me exactly what you framed when you took the shot. When you’ve improved your technique then you can branch out and experiment. I know there’s not a lot of time between assignments but unlike everyone else you don’t really have an excuse, do you? Isn’t it true you’re one of the Cartier-Bressons, and that your father pays you a handsome allowance to indulge in your hobby? You show a lot of promise Henri, and there’s every chance you could make it as a photographer. You may not excel, but with our help you could find yourself working for one of the better provincial French newspapers. See you at the group tutorial on Wednesday.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Now then Henri
Now then Henri, not a bad effort. I think there’s perhaps just a little too much space under the man who’s jumping. I believe the tension would work better if you made that gap a little smaller. And the chap on the left, if you’d crouched down just a fraction his head wouldn’t be touching the cross-beam on the fence reflection. The symmetry really is all wrong here. And I see you have a tendency to lean just a little to the left with a lot of your pictures. For me the angle of the fence here isn’t really working. You really do need to think and look at every part of the frame before you press the shutter. Find the shot and work it until you’ve got exactly what you want. What do you mean you cropped it? At this early stage on the course it’s important that you show me exactly what you framed when you took the shot. When you’ve improved your technique then you can branch out and experiment. I know there’s not a lot of time between assignments but unlike everyone else you don’t really have an excuse, do you? Isn’t it true you’re one of the Cartier-Bressons, and that your father pays you a handsome allowance to indulge in your hobby? You show a lot of promise Henri, and there’s every chance you could make it as a photographer. You may not excel, but with our help you could find yourself working for one of the better provincial French newspapers. See you at the group tutorial on Wednesday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That was a rather mild critique. You could have been more honest and really let him have it.
Oooh you are cheeky, but I like you!
Post a Comment