Monday, August 18, 2008

mrscomophotography.co.uk


The first phase of the website is now up and running. Note that this isn’t my generic website, but one just for the two large mobile phone projects I’m interested in pursuing. Getting anything like the kind of backing I need for the Cuba project will require way too much of my time and energy, so I’m just trying to get airlines interested at the moment. If I can get a flight then maybe the rest will follow. If nothing happens then it’s their loss (the people who don’t want to support the project), not mine. The exceedingly lacklustre pdf document to support the project reflects my current state of not being bothered about putting energy into the work. The Lithuania project on the other hand is hot to trot. For more, look at the site and download the pdf. Perhaps the most interesting thing about the site I’ve put together is that the whole thing cost me £12. For that (the price of two packets of cigarettes in England) I get my own domain name plus hosting plus email plus SQL etc (if I want it), plus dedicated web-photo software for 12 months. It might not be the right choice for a serious business website, but is excellent for promoting projects. I’m sitting writing this in my dad’s front room. In front of me on the table are several scrapbooks and photo albums which represent my grandfather’s life. Tomorrow I start scanning and reading. Once that’s out the way, and I’ve managed to catch up with friends I still haven’t seen, I’m off to Lithuania to start raising interest in the large project. A larger version of the picture at the top of this post can be viewed here.

No comments: