
Strange that last year I was in Tirana and stumbled upon the World Press Photo road show and that again this week whilst in Poland I should do the same again. Initially I found the latter a bit of a lacklustre affair, more reminiscent of a local photography exhibition than what one would expect from such a high profile event. Whilst the show in Tirana was a high profile affair in a specialised gallery, the Warsaw exhibition has been put up on wobbly display boards inside a shopping centre, but having seen the response I soon changed my mind. This is really what it’s all about, bringing in an audience who wouldn’t ordinarily visit a serious photographic exhibition (or any photographic exhibition at all for that matter), and I have to take my hat off to the Poles for their inspired choice of location.

1 comment:
I went into LCC the other day and had a chat with john about our final exhibition choices. There is of course the college and Paul has mentioned a couple of established galleries but one suggestion that I thought very interesting was to find an interesting space in a good location. Perhaps a vacant Woolworths or car showroom. I like the idea of it being very public and accessible. We want to have one big show off night but also an alternative event appeals some how.
Post a Comment