I was out last week in my Urban Rambler mode, going down streets I'd never been down and found this empty house. Nothing unusual in that, but the clothes still in the wardrobe made it for me. No idea about the place. I didn't go in. I just poked my phone through the window.
Strangely, a couple of days later I found myself breaking into the former Gestapo headquarters not far from here. It's been a week of abandoned buildings.
Reminds me of when I was in the closed Chernobyl nuclear radiation zone in southern Belarus in April 2006. Eerie, to know that someone abandoned a home in such a hurry.
Hi Dean, Absolutely. I keep coming across empty houses in town. Nice houses too. There are so many potentially fascinating photographic projects that could lead off from this. I really do think I'm going to rob a bank and give up the day job. Is anyone else in?
Hello. I'm an English photographer currently based in Lithuania. My professional output includes travel, portraiture, experimental street photography and uncovering the veiled peculiarities of daily life. My work features in books, has won competitions and has also been bought by private collectors. This is my blog. You're very welcome to come in and have a look around.
6 comments:
is that your bedroom?
(only teasing, i like this picture... but i hope it doesn't have a sad story)
Hi Rhian,
Thanks. I like it too.
I was out last week in my Urban Rambler mode, going down streets I'd never been down and found this empty house. Nothing unusual in that, but the clothes still in the wardrobe made it for me. No idea about the place. I didn't go in. I just poked my phone through the window.
Strangely, a couple of days later I found myself breaking into the former Gestapo headquarters not far from here. It's been a week of abandoned buildings.
Reminds me of when I was in the closed Chernobyl nuclear radiation zone in southern Belarus in April 2006. Eerie, to know that someone abandoned a home in such a hurry.
Hi Dean,
Absolutely. I keep coming across empty houses in town. Nice houses too. There are so many potentially fascinating photographic projects that could lead off from this. I really do think I'm going to rob a bank and give up the day job. Is anyone else in?
A bank caper? Hmmm. Sounds tempting. Can we be as cool as the 'Sexy Beast' guys?
We can be as cool as you like Dean, just as long as we don't get caught!
Post a Comment