Monday, January 21, 2008

Creatures of habit


Nothing much to report today. A leisurely stroll around Volos, espresso by the sea, a wander around the shops (where among other things I found this Greek Orthodox priest doing his shopping) and a few interesting leads relating to the first assignment. A local fisherman has agreed to take me out for a couple of hours tomorrow. Like I said, nothing much to report, but remembering we’re really just creatures of habit I want to write at least a few words here on a daily basis. I also sent a DVD of photographs to an acquaintance this afternoon, the Deputy Editor of Blueprint magazine, who wants me to send him some proposals (it’s always nice to be wanted). I have an interesting idea for a piece in Skopje, just up the road from here and where I’ve got to go and work during the next few weeks anyway.

No comments: